Re: RAT Conference in Iowa???

Erik's been planning this conference for awhile.  I think he mentioned it in
LA to a few people.

He emailed me from Colorado Springs ten days ago saying "Working on a Noh
play about the death of Crazy Horse."  (Of course, what else would he be
doing?)   He also said that he had to get a letter out about the Iowa
conference. Gabriele had been corresponding on it with him since September,
but I had just heard the details for the first time when Carlos and I got
back to Brooklyn a couple weeks ago.

Well, it seems he got that letter out, but those cornfields of Iowa have
transformed it into another theater manifesto.   Bravo.

He just returned from a theater conference in Wales hosted by a rat-ish
network called Magdalena, some of whom are coming to the Iowa Conference.

The following international groups are confirmed:

Playhouse (Belfast)
Teatro Abierto (Argentina)
Diana Raznovich (Argentina)
Dah (Yugoslavia)

Ken Judy from the Annex was contacting Irma Orellana to see if she could make
it.  She was in Seattle last week discussing and demonstrating her work.
She's a founder of TNT, Tiempos Nuevos Teatro (New Times Theater) from El
Salvador.  http://www.seattlep-i.com:80/theater/irma11.shtml

Theater representatives from Siberia and India might also be there. That's
the scoop as I know it.

Be there, or be square.

--nick