Re: RAT Re: NEA, NPR and PBS need your help

this is a letter that i think we should all start passing around as a new
urban/internt legend. i would advise everybody to copy it into a new letter,
sign it, and ask all of thier friends to do the same.

"joke em if they can't take a fuck!"

david sinclair, the once and future lorddada9

This is a letter I have planned on writing for some time (for about 3 or 4
years actually), a letter that I suspect is extremely important and one that
emphatically must be heeded if we are to undo the damage caused by The
National Endowments for the Arts. For most of the facts I'm about to
present, I have provided documentation and urge you to confirm these facts
for yourself if you're skeptical. Before explaining why homophobic perverts
cause insurmountable trouble for us, I must first announce that we may need
to picket, demonstrate, march, or strike to stop The National Endowments for
the Arts before it can caricature and stereotype people from other cultures.
If I have characterized The National Endowments for the Arts's cronies up to
now as depraved and scary, it is only because immoralism is both a belief
system and a material, institutional reality. Let me back up a little:
Ethnocentrism is a growing threat to society and should be outlawed. There
is another side to the issue.

The National Endowments for the Arts fits the stereotypical image of
out-of-touch unruly mob bosses, to put it mildly. It saddens me that one can
only speculate how much worse things would be if The National Endowments for
the Arts were to reap a whirlwind of destroyed marriages, damaged children,
and, quite possibly, a globe-wide expression of incurable
sexually-transmitted diseases. We must not miss our chance to burn away
social illness, exploitation, and human suffering. However true that is, The
National Endowments for the Arts has figuratively enclosed itself in a
secure elitist ghetto. Make no mistake about it, The National Endowments for
the Arts is hampered by a load of contradictory and absurd assumptions of
the school that it follows.

Cowardice, irresponsibility, and stoicism are inextricably wedded in The
National Endowments for the Arts's conclusions. Whether or not you realize
this, The National Endowments for the Arts always sounds like it's reading a
prepared speech. I have always assumed that The National Endowments for the
Arts has an almost mystical faith in militarism, but the fact of the matter
is that The National Endowments for the Arts is trying to feature simplistic
answers to complex problems just to prove it can. Blaming self-righteous
irreligionism on mumpish neanderthals is one of The National Endowments for
the Arts's favorite themes -- and The National Endowments for the Arts knows
it.

The fact that The National Endowments for the Arts's credos are a veritable
dictionary and synonymicon of narcissism is distressing, to say the least.
It's my hunch that I am morally and ethically opposed to The National
Endowments for the Arts's agendas. In case you hadn't noticed, the surest
way for The National Endowments for the Arts's lackeys to succeed is for
them to reduce human beings and many other living organisms to engineered
products and mere cogs in the social machine. All in all, there is no
compelling moral or economic reason why The National Endowments for the Arts
should progressively narrow the sphere of human freedom. So don't tell me
that The National Endowments for the Arts's uneducated sophistries are to
politics what the blitzkrieg was to international diplomacy just because
this should not and need not be the case.

We can't let The National Endowments for the Arts enrich itself at taxpayer
expense. I like to think I'm a reasonable person, but you just can't reason
with gutless kleptomaniacs. It's been tried. They don't understand, they
can't understand, they don't want to understand, and they will die without
understanding why all we want is for them not to support hostile governments
known for human rights abuses, wrongful imprisonment, and slavery. We must
face the undeniable fact that I cringe at the thought of how The National
Endowments for the Arts might some day pit race against race, religion
against religion, and country against country. The moral of the story: I'm
decisively tired of the most blasphemous radicals I've ever seen.